If you want a fast food go for seafood. This recipe is my family favourite. My 7 and 4 years old could easily polished off two bowls full of this soup in no times at all 🙂
Write a review
- 2 kg Mussels (in shells)
- 2 cups of white wines (I used sauvignon blanc, but I think any white wines will be fine. Remember quality wines would always offer better taste)
- 2 big brown onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 table spoons of Zattar (you can find this at Euro Food shop, nut and deli shop or Lebanese Bakery).
- 1 can (400 gr) diced tomatoes (or 4 sliced tomatoes)
- 1 table spoons of Moroccan spice mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 table spoons of Coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 x chillies (optional)
- Wash and scrub the mussel shells and take as much left over seaweeds as you can.
- In a large pan or wok heat up wines and add the mussels. Boil and cover for 5 minutes or until the shells open. Remove from heat.
- In another large pan or wok, pour in half of the juice from the mussels, add onion, garlic, tomatoes (if you are using fresh tomatoes, add 5 - 8 minutes cooking time), zattar, Morrocan spice, salt and pepper and cook in medium heat for 5 minutes. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of mussels and juices, chopped coriander leaves and chopped chillies, cook for further 5 - 10 minutes.
- Served hot with steamed Jasmine rice or Sour dough bread.
- Top tips: Add a spoonful of Greek Yoghurt in the serving to give it an extra flavour 🙂
Balinese Spice Magic http://balinesespicemagic.com.au/