One snack that I always miss from home (Bali) is perkedel jagung (corn fritter). Especially now that I am in my last trimester of pregnancy, I found that I crave the taste of home (market food) even more.
If you are looking for yummy snacks for you and family or your visitor, give this recipe a go 🙂 Like always, feel free to change, add or take out from this recipe and turn them into what suit you. Enjoy cooking and tasting!
- 2 fresh corn cobs
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 table spoons of grated (or mashed) fresh turmeric, if you only have the powdered one, use only one teaspoon.
- 2 table spoons finely chopped coriander stems and roots
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 bullet chillies (optional), finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 table spoons light soy sauce combine with one table spoon of sliced coconut sugar
- 2 table spoons of corn flour
- 3 table spoons of oil for frying
- Peel the husk from the corn and remove the corn and all the fine strands. Using a sharp knife, cut downwards along the length of the cobs to remove the kernels, discard the cob.
- In a bowl, combine the corn, spring onions, coriander, garlic, chillies, corn flour, eggs, light soy sauce and coconut sugar mixture and mix well with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan over medium heat.
- Drop in table spoonful of the mixture and cook until underside is golden. Turn the fritter and cook them for further 30 seconds or so.
- Serve hot or warm with sweet chilli sauce or your other favourite dipping sauce 🙂